Hello! My name is Aimee and I blog over at Like Mother Like Daughter, where my mother and I are co-authors and we both share our favorite tried and true recipes. I have completely fallen in love with cooking the past couple of years since starting this blog, and making a goal for myself to try at least 1 new recipe every week. It also really helped get us out of the grind of eating, spaghetti, tacos and pizza every night for dinner.
Like Amber, I am a HUGE fan of desserts. Chocolate, peanut butter, fruit, caramel, you name it, I love it. One dessert I really love is cheesecake, but I hate how long most cheesecakes take to prepare, you have to mix everything, bake it, and then sometimes you have to let it sit all night before eating it. I am not a very patient person, so that is hard for me to do. In comes the no bake cheesecake. Although this recipe does have to chill for a couple hours in your freezer, its still fairly quick when it comes to cheesecakes, plus the prep work is like 2 steps and only a few ingredients. Now that is my kind of recipe. And I think you'll like it too. (I got this recipe from one of my wonderful cousins)
8 oz cream cheese, softened**
1/2 cup sugar
8 oz cool whip, thawed**
1 Graham Cracker Crust (recipe below)
**I used neufchatel (1/3 less fat) cream cheese, and fat free cool whip to make this a little lighter and didn't notice anything missing on flavor.
1. Mix together cream cheese and sugar until creamy and smooth.
2. Add cool whip and stir well to combine.
3. Pour mixture into graham cracker crust.
4. Put in your freezer for 2 hours to harden.
5. Enjoy with strawberry sauce on top. (recipe below)
Graham Cracker Crust Pie Crust
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
7 graham crackers
1. Using a food processor, pulse your graham crackers until they are fine crumbs
2. Mix together graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a medium bowl.
3. Pour in butter and stir well to combine.
4. Pour crust into a 9 inch pie plate and press down evenly to cover the bottom and all sides.
5. Put in refrigerator until firm, about 15 minutes.
1 cup strawberries, chopped
2 TBS sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1. Mix strawberries, sugar and lemon juice together in a small bowl.
2. Smash strawberry pieces with a fork, or blend a little in a food processor until desired consistency.
With the warmer months coming on, this is a delicious, creamy and refreshing dessert and you won't have to turn your oven on, so you can still enjoy it in the hot months. ----- Thanks for letting me visit, Amber. And I hope some of you will stop by our blog to say hi! Blog Facebook Pinterest Twitter Instagram Also, check out some of my other favorite recipes!