Brazilian Lemonade is actually a creamy limeade that is perfectly sweet and slightly tangy. The secret ingredient that makes it creamy will have you pouring glass after glass of this refreshing drink. Perfect for hot summer days, parties, and potlucks!
The first time I tried this Brazilian Lemonade was at a restaurant called Tucanos (Brazilian Grill). I was immediately hooked! It was refreshing, sweet, citrusy, and creamy all in one drink!
The best part was the unlimited refills, but since I don’t make it out to that restaurant more than once a year, I’ve made my own version at home and I can have it any time I want!
The secret ingredient that makes this limeade so delicious is sweetened condensed milk! I could drink that straight from the can as it is, but put it in limeade and it’s a whole new level of delicious! Sweet and tangy, this drink will be gone in a flash!
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 juicy limes (thin, smooth skins are juiciest)
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Mix cold water and sugar. Chill until ready to use.
- Wash limes thoroughly. Cut off ends and then cut each lime into eighths.
- Place half the limes and half the water/sugar mixture in a blender. Pulse 5x. Strain into pitcher with a fine mesh sieve. Dump pulp in trash. Repeat with other half of limes and water/sugar mixture.
- Add ice and condensed milk right before serving. Stir and enjoy.
Best if made fresh (just before serving). DO NOT attempt to blend the whole recipe at once unless you have a LARGE blender like I do.
*Recipe lightly altered from Our Best Bites
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Pictures updated & post re-published 06/11/17. Post originally published to my blog February 24, 2012.