Happy New Year! I bet you thought you were getting a healthy recipe today, didn’t you? Haha. Sorry, it’s still winter, and cold, and all I can think about is comfort food! But don’t worry, I will be sharing some healthier things this month as well. Got to keep it balanced, right?!
For our family, nothing is better in the winter than a nice hot dinner! Something hearty and filling like this Chili Mac and Cheese! My recipe, is homemade all the way. A quick chili and an easy cheese sauce combined together with some elbow macaroni noodles!
I like to top my warm, hearty, bowl of chili mac with some sour cream and extra cheese. It’s seriously comfort in a bowl and something you will make again and again this winter!
My kids like this meal because it’s mac and cheese (what kid doesn’t like mac and cheese?), and I like it because it has some meat and beans in it to help fill them up!
What’s your favorite winter comfort food?
Chili Mac and Cheese
Quick Chili Recipe
- 1 lb lean ground beef (85/15 or leaner)
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 3 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning or 1 store-bought packet of taco or chili seasoning
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Easy Mac and Cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8oz (2 cups) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz elbow macaroni noodles
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large stock/soup pot, brown beef, and drain fat. Return beef to pan and add pinto beans, tomato sauce, taco seasoning, brown sugar, and sour cream. Stir and keep warm.
- In a separate pot, boil elbow macaroni noodles according to directions on package.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add flour and cook 1 minute. Pour in milk while whisking constantly. Bring to a boil and add shredded cheese. Stir until melted.
- Drain noodles and add to pot with chili. Add cheese to pot with chili. Stir and season additionally with salt and pepper, if needed. Serve hot.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.