No-bake Coconut Snowballs are simple and delicious! The perfect healthy dessert to curb that sweet-tooth craving! Bonus: They’re egg, dairy, and gluten free!
I had a baby 6 months ago, and as much as I hate to admit it, I’ve still got quite a bit of baby weight leftover. In fact, that’s what my kids refer to my baby pouch as, “leftovers.” It’s sad, but true. Haha.
So, I committed to eating better the week before Thanksgiving, which seems impossible right? Wrong! I lost weight over the holidays the winter after I had my daughter so I knew I could do it again, and I did! I even lost 3 lbs during that week before Thanksgiving and have been working hard and getting closer to my pre-pregnancy weight ever since. Still have some to go, but I’m proud with how far I’ve come.
Well, the last thing I want to do, is to undo all that hard work it took to get me this far, but I still want to feel like I can have a treat or bring something to share at a holiday party without feeling totally guilty about it and coconut is totally one of my favorite things to put in desserts, so…
I thought it would be fitting to make a coconut dessert that is also fun for the holidays: Coconut Snowballs. These are super easy to make. You don’t cook them or anything! Throw the ingredients in a food processor (or Blendtec Twister Jar) and you have yourself some no-bake cookies!
These Coconut Snowballs, are thick, chewy, and definitely satisfying. They are lightly sweet which takes care of that sweet-tooth without going overboard. Plus, they are egg-free, dairy-free, and gluten-free. That makes them healthy, right?!
If you are looking for something delicious that’s not full of refined sugar and all that, then make these Coconut Snowballs. I’ve considered dipping half of them in dark chocolate for a little extra indulgence too. Yum!
Recipe added 1/11/16. Also seen on Super Healthy Kids.
No-bake Coconut Snowballs are simple and delicious! The perfect healthy dessert to curb that sweet-tooth craving! Bonus: They're egg, dairy, and gluten free!
- 1 & 3/4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 2 tsp melted coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp organic, raw honey
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Melt the coconut oil and place it with 1 cup of the shredded coconut in a food processor. Process on high speed, scraping down the sides periodically until it reaches a paste-like consistency. (It does not have to be completely smooth like coconut butter; some texture is good.)
- Add the honey, coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt and process until well combined. Add ½ cup plus 2 Tablespoons of shredded coconut and pulse until just combined.
- Shape the mixture into 12 (1-inch) balls and coat with the remaining 2 Tablespoons of shredded coconut. Refrigerate for at least an hour and up to 5 days. Eat cold or bring to room temperature before eating, depending on personal preference.
**Recipe lightly altered from the kitchn
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.