I had these cherry filled morsels that I wanted to do something with and I couldn’t stop thinking about chocolate covered cherries, so I played off the chocolate cherry idea and came up with these Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies!
Typically I’m not a fresh cherry fan or cherry pie filling fan, so I used these black sweet cherry preserves, that give you a yummy cherry flavor without the texture of a mushy baked cherry. No offense, if you like cherry pie…
I’m also a cheater when it comes to brownies. It’s just hard to beat the convenience of a store-bought mix. So I mixed up my favorite kind, added the cherry filled baking morsels, and cherry preserves. They turned out really nice! Fudgy and fruity!
These would be a great treat to take with you to a holiday party or put on a neighbor plate. Enjoy!
- 1 box (13x9 Family Size) Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix, plus the ingredients for brownies on the back of the box. Mine said:
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup oil
- 7 Tbsp Black Cherry Preserves
- 1 (9oz) bag Nestlé Toll House DelightFulls Dark Chocolate Morsels with Cherry Flavored Filling
- Prepare brownies according to directions on the box for a 13x9-inch pan. Add cherry filled morsels, saving ½ cup to sprinkle on top.
- Pour batter into a greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Stir preserves in the jar and break it up as best you can. Dollop spoonfuls of cherry preserves over the top and lightly swirl with a knife.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup cherry filled morsels over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 21 to 28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.