I was provided with a Blendtec blender to review and use to create this post. All opinions and text are 100% mine.
This Dark Chocolate Honey Almond Butter is my final recipe in the Blendtec giveaway series! I’ve played with that machine way more than my 4 posts suggest. The Blendtec actually keeps count of the number of times I’ve used it. Let’s just say I’m already up to 50+ uses. Some of those were washes though, but the majority have been smoothies and fun stuff like this spread!
I am a huge fan of spreads, peanut butter, Nutella, you name it! I have toast with some sort of spread on it every morning with my smoothie. I believe the nut butters help keep me fuller longer, but I don’t have scientific information to back that up, just my personal feelings on the matter.
Anyway, so when you have a toy like a Blendtec sitting on your kitchen counter, you’ve got to start making your own spreads. Plus, homemade is way better! This almond spread is gluten free, paleo, and can easily be turned into vegan, because it’s full of pure ingredients like raw almonds, coconut butter, dark cocoa powder, sea salt, and honey (substitute agave, stevia, or maple syrup if vegan).
You basically pulse your nuts until they form a powder. I pulsed my almonds in the Twister Jar with the Twister Lid to scrape the sides, then I transferred it to my Wildside+ Jar and let it run on medium-high for 30 second intervals about 2 to 3 minutes until the almonds released their natural oils and it became pasty and smooth. Stir in the flavorings, and you’ve got yourself some Dark Chocolate Honey Almond Butter!
The best part about this is when your kids are eating it and they ask for more. That’s when you feel really good about yourself! If anything, this Blendtec blender is helping our family eat more nutritiously. We especially enjoyed this almond butter as a dip with crisp apples.
I hope you enjoy this spread! Feel free to adjust the honey (or agave, stevia, or maple syrup if vegan) and salt to your personal preferences and don’t forget to enter the Blendtec giveaway if you haven’t already! Today is the last day to enter!
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 3 Tbsp coconut butter (I used homemade)
- 1½ Tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp honey (substitute agave, stevia, or maple syrup if vegan)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted (for thinning, if needed)
- Place almonds in a Blendtec Blender Twister Jar with the Twister Lid. Pulse until the nuts form a powder rotating the Twister Lid counter-clockwise as needed.
- Transfer the almond powder to the Wildside+ Jar and blend on medium-high speed in 30 second intervals for 2 to 3 minutes, until the almonds have released their natural oils and the mixture becomes pasty and smooth.
- Pour almond butter into a bowl and stir in the remaining ingredients to desired taste and texture.
© DESSERT NOW, DINNER LATER! All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Recipe lightly altered from Bakerita