Key Lime Muddy Buddies are inspired by the flavors of a classic key lime pie. They’re tangy and sweet, with graham cracker cereal pieces throughout. Perfect for parties or movie night snacking!
Usually once Valentine’s Day is over, I jump straight to green recipes (for St. Patrick’s Day). Mostly because I love all things lime and it’s an excuse to share that addiction with you.
Today’s green recipe is so easy, and perfect for snacking. Key Lime Muddy Buddies have that citrus-lime flavor we all know and love, alongside creamy white chocolate and graham cracker cereal pieces.
I don’t know about you, but when I have a lime treat, I want to really taste the lime, so I went with lime gelatin powder and some extra confectioner’s sugar to coat these muddy buddies with. The white chocolate chips mimic the creamy sweetened condensed milk part of a key lime pie, and the graham cracker cereal pieces mimic the crust.
These Key Lime Muddy Buddies turned out great. My kids kept fighting over the bowl. I’m thinking it would be fun to make some to put in their school lunches sometime too.
The best thing about muddy buddies in general, is that they are so easy to make, and they feed a crowd. These would be great for a party or a movie night at home. Enjoy my lime-loving friends!
Key Lime Muddy Buddies
- 1 (12oz) bag white chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
- 1 tsp coconut oil or shortening, for thinning (optional)
- 9 cups Chex cereal
- 1 large (6oz) box lime gelatin powder (not sugar-free)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- lime zest, optional (for color)
- Place white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time until melted; about 1½ minutes. Add melted coconut oil or shortening for thinning, if needed.
- Place Chex cereal in a large bowl. Pour melted chocolate over the top. Fold gently until cereal is coated.
- Place lime gelatin powder and powdered sugar in a zip-top bag. Pour half the cereal into the bag. Shake until coated. Empty the coated cereal into a large serving bowl. Repeat with second half of the cereal. Fold the Golden Grahams cereal in with the muddy buddies. Sprinkle with lime zest if desired. Enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container or zip-top bag.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.