This Lemon Curd Dessert has a sweet shortbread crust, rich cream cheese layer, tangy lemon curd, and fresh whipped cream. A perfect combination of tangy-sweet flavors!
I may be addicted to citrus, but this dessert, is just heavenly!!! The thick and lightly sweet crust goes perfectly with the 3 layers on top of it: sweetened cream cheese, lemon curd, and whipped cream.
I made my lemon curd the night before so it could set up and thicken in the fridge overnight, but you can totally buy it from the store if you are pressed for time.
The most important thing is that you MAKE THIS! It’s sweet and tangy and full of chewy, smooth, creamy pleasure!
The only downfall to this Lemon Curd Dessert is that the whipped cream starts sliding off the lemon curd once you slice it up and serve it, so don’t do that until you are ready to eat! Try not to eat it all the first day. 🙂
Lemon Curd Dessert
- 1 recipe Lemon Curd (or 1 1/2 cups store-bought)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature, cut into Tablespoons
- 1 egg
- 2 (8oz) packages cream cheese (I use Neufchatel), room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Prepare Lemon Curd the night before, so it has time to thicken and set up in the refrigerator overnight.
- To make the Crust: In a large food processor, pulse the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and egg and pulse until the mixture comes together. You may need to knead it a little bit with your hands. Press the shortbread dough into the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish. It does not need to be greased. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges and top are lightly browned. Allow to cool completely.
- To make the Cream Cheese: In a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and lemon juice all at once. Mix until combined.
- To make the Whipped Cream: In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream with the powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- To Assemble: Spread the cream cheese layer over the cooled shortbread crust. Dollop the lemon curd over the cream cheese and spread it evenly. Dollop the whipped cream over the lemon curd and spread it evenly and smooth. You may draw a pattern in it if you like.
- Chill for an hour or two. Then cut and serve the dessert immediately. (The whipped cream tends to slide off the lemon curd.) Store the leftovers, cut, and covered in the refrigerator up to 7 days.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.