*This post is brought to you by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Orange Pumpkin Rolls – Pumpkin shaped orange rolls are decorated to look like jack-o-lanterns for Halloween.
I thought I would squeeze in one more fun Halloween food idea for you guys and make these Orange Pumpkin Rolls. Aren’t they cute?! My husband actually came up with the idea. We wanted something the kids could make that would be easy and as mess free a possible (I’m slightly obsessive compulsive like that), and this is what he though of. Such a good husband!
We almost always have a stash of Rhodes products tucked away in our freezer, so while we were brainstorming my husband was looking in the freezer and saw orange rolls. And then an idea popped up in his head!
Orange rolls would be the perfect color for a pumpkin — so that’s what we went with. We did boost the orange frosting with a little extra food coloring to really make it pop. But other than that you just need a little green sugar crystals and black decorating gel.
The kids loved these Orange Pumpkin Rolls and can’t wait to make them again! I told them we can make them as many times as they want as long as we don’t have to carve pumpkins. Now that’s a big, stinky, mess. These at least smell good!
These Orange Pumpkin Rolls can totally double for a Thanksgiving breakfast as well by just leaving the faces off. I love ideas that can be re-used! For now … Happy Halloween!
Recipe added 12/8/2016.
For a step-by-step photo tutorial, visit the Rhodes Bake-N-Serv Blog.
- 6 Rhodes Orange Rolls
- 1 Packet Orange Cream Cheese Frosting (included in the package of orange rolls)
- Red and Yellow Food Coloring
- Green Sugar Crystals
- Black Decorating Gel
- Place 6 orange rolls onto a silicone lined or greased baking sheet. Cover lightly with sprayed plastic wrap. Thaw orange rolls to room temperature. (Tip: Place rolls in the refrigerator overnight and they are ready to use by morning.)
- Gently unravel the end of each orange roll about two inches, fold it in half and pinch it together to make a stem. Cover rolls and let rise until about double in size.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow rolls to cool slightly. Meanwhile, squeeze one frosting packet (from the bag with the rolls) into a bowl. Add 1 drop of red food coloring, and two drops of yellow food coloring. Mix together.
- Frost rolls with the orange frosting while just slightly warm. Immediately sprinkle the stem with green sugar crystals so they stick. Decorate with jack-o-lantern faces using black decorating gel.