I hope you aren’t sick of my red white and blue desserts yet! This is one that is perfect for last minute preparations! All you need is to buy some fruit, an angel food cake, and then mix some cream cheese, sugar and cool whip together! Easy! But aren’t they so pretty! Sometimes it’s nice to just have some fresh fruit for a dessert instead of a heavy sweet treat. And think about it…if you are having a big gathering with tons of food, you don’t really want a big dessert anyway right? Right!
These Patriotic Trifles are so fun because they are in individual servings, which makes clean up a breeze! They can also be prepped ahead of time and then pulled out of the fridge when you are ready to go! Love these little guys! AndI bet you are wondering, “Where did you get those cute pedestal glasses from?” Two words my friends: Dollar Tree! They come in a 5 pack called “water glasses.”
Recipe added 9/10/15. Also seen on Oh Sweet Basil.
- 1/2 store-bought angel food bundt cake
- 9oz fresh blueberries, rinsed
- 6oz fresh raspberries, rinsed
- 1 (8oz) package neufchatel cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (8oz) tub light or free cool whip
- Two 5-count packs of water glasses from Dollar Tree (<--- Click here to see what I'm talking about. They are 5oz clear cups if you don't have a Dollar Tree near you.)
- With a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese with the sugar until smooth. Beat in the cool whip. Scoop the cream cheese mixture into a sandwich zip-top bag, zip it shut, and cut off the corner for your "piping bag." (You might need two bags, or just refill the one you are using.)
- Cut half of the angel food bundt cake into slices, and then cut those slices into cubes. Rinse your fruit and spin the water off with a salad spinner if you have one; if not, just shake off the water the best you can.
- Layer your parfaits with blueberries in the bottom. Then pipe a layer of the cream cheese mixture. Top the cream cheese layer with a few cubes of cake, then another layer of cream cheese. Top it all off with some raspberries and you are done! Repeat with each trifle cup. Cover each cup with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.