Surprise! It’s the 20th again & that means it’s time for the Surprise Recipe Swap. This month I had:
Dawn from Spatulas On Parade!
Dawn has some awesome desserts on her blog, but I decided to go savory this month with these Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes. I don’t have sloppy joes very often, mostly because my kids aren’t huge ground beef fans, but there is just something about the name, “Philly Cheesesteak” that makes my mouth water. This is a super easy dinner, very flavorful, & very sloppy; hence the name, right? Oh, & the leftovers are fabulous, if you have any leftover. We enjoyed this dinner & I hope you will too!
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup A-1 steak sauce
- 2 tsp peppercorn steak seasoning (not the red steak seasoning, the minced garlic & peppercorn kind like McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Sliced Provolone or Mozzarella
- Hamburger Buns
- Brown beef in a large skillet. Drain fat & set aside. In the same pan heat olive oil & sauté onion & pepper for 4 minutes until starting to soften. Return beef to the pan with the vegetables.
- Whisk cornstarch into beef broth & add the steak sauce & beef broth/cornstarch mixture to the meat. Add steak seasoning, salt & pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Toast hamburger buns (if desired) & top with meat mixture & a slice of cheese. (I placed my slice of cheese in the warm pan with the meat, waited until it melted & scooped up the cheesy meat mixture onto my bun.)
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Recipe lightly altered from Spatulas On Parade by: Amber (Dessert Now, Dinner Later!)