Nuts, marshmallows, and chocolate combine together to create these homemade Rocky Road Brownies worth drooling over!
Hi! I’m Alli from Cupcake Diaries and I’m thrilled to be here at Dessert Now, Dinner Later. Amber is one of my blogging besties and I’m so happy to be helping her out during all this baby fun.
If you like easy, family friendly recipes that don’t take forever to make, you’ll love my blog! I’m all about recipes that are perfect for a weeknight meal. And treats are my true love! You can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, and, of course, my blog.
I love brownies so much. If we make a batch at home, I can’t stand to let a single one go to waste. I could eat a brownie any time of day.
I also love rocky road ice cream. I would be lying if I said I didn’t have some in my freezer right now. These brownies taste like the goodness that is a bowl of rocky road ice cream. I love that combo!
I know what you’re thinking and I totally agree. I would eat that entire plate if no one was watching. I love how the chunks of walnuts and marshmallows poke through here and there. My mouth is watering right now!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6 Tbsp cocoa
- 2 cups flour
- ½ (16oz) bag mini marshmallows
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup margarine
- 1½ Tbsp cocoa
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Combine the sugar and butter in an electric mixer; add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla, cocoa, and flour; combine well.
- Pour brownie batter into a greased 9×13-inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 23 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover with marshmallows. Place back in the oven for two more minutes, or until marshmallows start to get puffy. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Make the frosting by melting the margarine in a saucepan over medium heat; add the cocoa and milk. Bring to a boil and then add the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Drizzle over brownies while hot, allowing some of the marshmallows to show through. Let cool before cutting. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this brownie recipe as much as I do! Here are two more of my favorites: