I have got a 30 minute meal idea for you today. We actually make these meatballs quite often & you can switch up the sauces depending on how you feel, so that’s why I just called these Saucy Meatballs. These meatballs cook in 13-15 minutes & if you have your sauce heating while the meatballs bake, you should have this meal done in less than 30 minutes. But I promise this meal won’t take more than 30 minutes tops, especially if you use my tricks! We like these meatballs with BBQ sauce or teriyaki sauce/glaze, but use whatever you want. This meatball is extremely versatile.
*Also, you can make a big batch of these, then freeze them for later. Just make sure to freeze them covered on a parchment lined tray first, & then peel them off & put them in a zip-top freezer bag once they have frozen completely. And don’t forget to re-heat to 165˚F. Enjoy!
- 1lb ground beef
- ¼ cup finely diced onion (I keep diced onion in the freezer for small amounts like this)
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ⅓ cup italian breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup+ sauce (BBQ, Teriyaki, Marinara, etc.)
- Combine all ingredients except sauce. Roll into 1½-inch balls (about 20-24 meatballs; I use a my #50 cookie scoop to make it even faster.) Place balls on a foil-lined baking sheet that has been greased with cooking spray. Bake at 425*F for 13-15 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan, heat sauce on medium-low heat. Add baked meatballs & lightly fold sauce around meatballs, until covered & heated through. Serve as desired.