A barbecue isn’t a barbecue until you have the perfect side dish, and potato salad is one of my favorites. I am a sweet, southern potato salad lover. I just don’t like the ones that are super savory and too mustard-y. This one is the perfect blend of savory with a hint of sweet. It’s creamy and delicious and sure to be enjoyed by all.
If you are wanting to try the perfect potato salad to bring to your next BBQ get together, then you need to make this! Feel free to add celery if you like that crunch in with your potato salad, but it’s perfectly fine without it. You are going to love this Southern Potato Salad! My husband could eat this plain as his entire meal, he likes it that much! So good!
Southern Potato Salad
- 4 to 5 small russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp MIRACLE WHIP
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 large hard boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- Wash and scrub the potatoes, then cut them into 1-inch cubes. Boil for 10 minutes, until fork tender, but not mushy. Drain, and run cool water over them. Allow potatoes to rest until completely cooled down.
- In a large bowl, combine the MIRACLE WHIP, sweet pickle relish, yellow mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Fold in the cooled potatoes, boiled eggs, and red onion. Keep refrigerated.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Recipe altered from Mom, What’s For Dinner?