This is a pretty familiar recipe for most people who do taco soup. I just made some recently & it is just so easy & delicious that I thought I would post it just in case someone hasn’t heard of the recipe yet. I hadn’t been introduced to this soup until like a year or so ago. I got the recipe from Macey’s Grocery Store who apparently got it from Kraftfoods. The original recipe had a lot of beans, so I cut it down & I use ground turkey instead of ground beef so a portion of this soup is like 160 calories for 1 cup.
Tin Can Taco Soup
*IMPORTANT: Do NOT drain any liquid from your cans. You need it for the liquid part of the soup. The only exception is if you use black beans, you will need to rinse them & then add water to replace the liquid. You are literally dumping cans into a pot. That is why it is called tin can taco soup!
- 1 (15.5 oz) can beans (can be any kind; I like pinto, red, or black)
- 1 (14.25oz) can corn
- 1 (14.5oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1.25oz) packet taco seasoning (I use 1-2 Tbsp of my homemade taco seasoning)
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp minced dried onion
- Cheese, Sour Cream, & other favorite fixings
- Brown turkey in a skillet with dried onion.
- Pour all cans WITH LIQUID (do NOT drain cans!) into a crock pot. Add cooked turkey & taco seasoning.
- Cook on low for 3 hours or high for 1 hour.
- Top with cheese, sour cream, cilantro, tortilla strips, or make a cheese quesadilla to dip in it. Enjoy!
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.