This is a pretty familiar recipe for most people who do taco soup. I just made some recently & it is just so easy & delicious that I thought I would post it just in case someone hasn’t heard of the recipe yet. I hadn’t been introduced to this soup until like a year or so ago. I got the recipe from Macey’s Grocery Store who apparently got it from Kraftfoods. The original recipe had a lot of beans, so I cut it down & I use ground turkey instead of ground beef so a portion of this soup is like 160 calories for 1 cup.
Tin Can Taco Soup
- 1 (15.5 oz) can beans (can be any kind; I like pinto, red, or black)
- 1 (14.25oz) can corn
- 1 (14.5oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1.25oz) packet taco seasoning (I use 1-2 Tbsp of a homemade blend)
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp minced dried onion
- Cheese, Sour Cream, & other favorite fixings
- Brown turkey in a skillet with dried onion.
- Pour all cans WITH LIQUID (do NOT drain cans!) into a crock pot. Add cooked turkey & taco seasoning.
- Cook on low for 3 hours or high for 1 hour.
- Top with cheese, sour cream, cilantro, tortilla strips, or make a cheese quesadilla to dip in it. Enjoy!
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.