Mini Corn Dog Muffins
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
*Disclaimer: I received free product from Shirley J as inspiration for this post. This post is written by me. All opinions are 100% mine. You can read my advertising & disclosure policy HERE.
I saw this idea on Pinterest to make these Mini Corn Dog Muffins, & I actually tried them with Jiffy Corn Bread Mix & they turned out awful. The muffins were dense & the hot dogs sunk to the bottom. I was so bummed because my kids eat mini corn dogs all the time. I buy the big box at Sam’s Club & they just inhale them. I really would like to be able to make them at home & now I can! My inspiration for these came from Iowa Girl Eats. I just don’t keep corn meal at my house that often, but I know if I have this mix in my house, they will be perfect every time!
I cannot say enough good things about this Shirley J Corn Bread Mix! It’s sweet, light, & fluffy, yet not dry & mealy like other corn bread can be. It’s got the perfect corn meal texture with a puffy quality. Plus the rise on these muffins are insane! Like for real; they peak beautifully! Check out the extra regular sized muffins I made; TALL MUFFINS!
Today is the last day to enter to win a package of all the Shirley J products that I have been blogging about all week. Their line of products are incredible & are top quality. You will want to win this stuff! You can drool over my pictures in the meantime or check out Shirley J’s website. There products are also sold in several states. I am grateful for this chance I have had to work with them!
- 1 (16oz) box Shirley J Corn Bread Mix
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 3 to 4 1/2 bun length hot dogs
- Preheat oven to 375*F. Grease mini muffin tins.
- Combine corn bread mix with water. Blend on low for 30 seconds, scrape bowl, & beat on high for 1 minute. Do not overmix.
- Scoop about 1½ Tbsp of mix into each mini muffin tin.
- Cut hot dogs into 1" pieces (for bun length hot dogs, that's 8 pieces per hot dog) & place directly in the center of the batter of each corn muffin.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until muffins are browning on the edges & the center pops back when gently pressed down.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g