S’mores Mug Cake
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
*Disclaimer: I received free product from Shirley J as inspiration for this post. This post is written by me. All opinions are 100% mine. You can read my advertising & disclosure policy HERE.
So I know mug cakes have been a thing for a while now. I have even tried to come up with my own microwave brownie in a mug recipe, but it didn’t quite work out. It seemed underdone, then overdone & then I was done. Anyway, I was thrilled to have the chance to try this Shirley J Mugging mix.
1 pouch, 5 Tablespoons of water, 90 seconds in the microwave. DONE!
Awesome!!! Not to mention the really nice mugs that Shirley J has to offer. The handles don’t even get hot! And there are a variety of mugging flavors to choose from: chocolate brownie cake (which is also available gluten free), yellow cake, corn bread, pumpkin spice bread, no-pan pancake, quiche in a cup, & walnut bread.
I, of course, put my own additional spin to this yummy mug cake. So I introduce you to the S’mores Mug Cake! My husband & I shared our mug, which is perfect for two. I don’t think I could have downed the whole thing myself because it’s deceptively, a lot of cake. But it’s the perfect little dessert after dinnertime. We loved it! You will want to try this!
S’mores Mug Cake
- 1 (4oz) pouch Shirley J Mugging Chocolate Brownie Cake
- 5 Tbsp warm water
- 3 large marshmallows
- 1 Tbsp chocolate chips/chunks
- 1/4 of 1 graham cracker, crumbled
- Place Shirley J Mugging Chocolate Brownie Mix in a (2-cup) microwave safe mug. Add warm water & mix vigorously with a fork until well-blended.
- Microwave 90-seconds (based on an 1100 watt oven) or until done. May check doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center; if it comes out clean, it's done.
- Immediately top with chocolate chips. Allow to melt & spread over the top of the cake.
- Toast marshmallows with a fork over a small candle (toasting the marshmallows is optional.) Place marshmallows onto the top of the cooked mug cake, & return to microwave for an additional 20 seconds or until marshmallows puff up. Remove & top with crumbled graham cracker & additional chocolate chips, if desired. Enjoy warm & gooey!
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
This is going to be a week of recipes using the products for this giveaway.
I have teamed up with Shirley J to give 3 Lucky winners each a prize package of 5 Shirley J products:
- Shirley J Mugging Mix & Mug – (And now you have a recipe you can make with it!)
- Shirley J Whisk Bliss – a universal white sauce mix (like a bechamel sauce; extremely versatile)
- Shirley J Barbeque Sauce Mix – to make BBQ sauce or use for a rub on meats.
- Shirley J Onion Seasoning – great for burgers or dips.
- Shirley J Corn Bread & Muffin Mix – who doesn’t like corn bread/muffins?
Want to win? Enter through the Rafflecopter. You have until Friday at Midnight to enter! Good luck!