This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
This post has been sponsored by Cans Get You Cooking. All opinions are 100% mine.
You know when life gets busy and you need a quick dinner that is both delicious and easy? Yeah, this Taco Spaghetti is exactly that, thanks to several ingredients that come from my pantry! Now my pantry is totally organized (I’m a little OCD, what can I say?) and I definitely stock up on canned foods during case lot sales, which I love because I always have canned vegetables, soups, and fruits on hand all year round! The recipe possibilities are endless with these staple pantry items.
According to a University of California, Davis study, many canned fruits and vegetables have equal, or more nutrients than their fresh or frozen counterparts. Canned foods seal in freshness, flavor, and nutrition, naturally. Cans help you save prep time and get a healthy, homemade meal on the table more often. This is why I prefer a well-stocked pantry – or “cantry” – to help make hearty, flavorful, nutritious meals I can feel good about, anytime.
To learn more information about health benefits and recipes using cans visit:
Cans Get You Cooking Website: www.CansGetYouCooking.com Facebook: www.Facebook.com/CansGetYouCooking Twitter: www.Twitter.com/CansGetUCooking Pinterest: www.Pinterest.com/CansGetUCooking YouTube: www.YouTube.com/CansGetYouCooking
This meal uses canned corn, canned diced green chiles, and canned black olives that I keep on hand pretty much all year round! I just had to add pasta, beef, onion, taco seasoning, salsa and cheese for a delicious Mexican-Italian dish!
My kids loved the chips on top the best, but I loved that I had almost everything on hand in my “cantry” to make this!
- 5 oz whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 (15oz) can corn, drained
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 (4oz) can diced green chiles, drained
- 6 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 cup broken tortilla chips
- 1 tomato, diced or in wedges for garnish
- 1/2 cup light sour cream, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet or deep stock pot, cook ground beef and onion until meat is brown. Drain fat. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Add cooked pasta, corn, olives, half of the shredded cheese, the salsa, and chiles. Cook until the water is mostly absorbed.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 13x9-inch glass baking dish. Cover and bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, tortilla chips, and tomato dices or wedges. If desired, top with sour cream.