What is My Recipe Magic?
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
This week I am the featured chef over at My Recipe Magic.com. And I cannot be more excited! My Recipe Magic is a great site created by the bloggers from Six Sisters’ Stuff, that allows you to share recipes, create custom cookbooks, menus, shopping lists, see nutrition values, earn extra income, & get more traffic to your site. So if you are a food blogger, like myself, I highly recommend joining the My Recipe Magic Community. My Recipe Magic (MRM) has helped me gain more readers from community members, as well as Pinterest followers, especially when the Six Sister’s pin my one of my recipes from MRM. Plus, I have had a couple recipes chosen as one of the featured recipes at the top, & that helps increase my pageviews as well!
MRM is so easy to use! I simply copy & paste my recipe from my site into their recipe submission form, add a little description, & that’s it! Plus, they have a spot at the bottom of the form to add more links to other recipes on my site. So there is potential for increased pageviews & new readers. MRM also has a new Rewards Program. The more you use MyRecipeMagic.com by sharing, liking, and submitting recipes, you earn points that can be redeemed for online gift cards and entries for giveaways! You can earn up to 1,000 points a day! Every week the site has a new prizes and a giveaway to choose from.
So how does it work? Submit your delicious recipe onto MyRecipeMagic.com, promote it by sharing it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Twitter, and any other social media site you love to use, and earn money! MyRecipeMagic.com has a “Magic” button you can add to your blog to that will direct your readers to your recipe on MyRecipeMagic.com. The more your recipe is liked, shared, and viewed you more money you make! The money is made by shared ad revenues on MyRecipeMagic.com.
The great thing about MyRecipeMagic.com is that it creates a ping pong effect between your blog. Instead of making money in one place (your blog), when you drive your readers to your recipes on MyRecipeMagic.com you earn money in two places!
When you submit a recipe on the site, you have the option to not give all the directions to the recipe on MRM, therefore making the reader visit your site for the directions which equals more page views! (That is a newer feature that I absolutely love!)
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How long does it take to enter a recipe? The first time I did it, it almost took me 10 minutes. However, after entering my 5th recipe, I can do it in 5 minutes or less.
2. How many recipes can you share? As many as you like! Put all your recipes out there!
3. How much money will you really make? MRM estimates that you will make about $3 per recipe per month (as long as you do a little promoting). So, if you put in 25 recipes, that is an extra $75 for you each month. The great thing is once you put a recipe into our database, you will make money on it for as long as you live! Month after month after month . . .
4. How does MRM make money to pay people for their recipes? If you look at MyRecipeMagic, you will see there is an advertisement at the top of the page, two in the sidebars, and one at the bottom. Those ads are what generate the money to pay you. The more page views your ads get, the more you will get paid.
5. How do you pay out each month? When you sign up for MyRecipeMagic, you enter in your email address that is connected to your PayPal account. All payments are safely issued through PayPal.
6. Do I have to have a blog to share my recipes? NO! In fact, most of the people on MyRecipeMagic are not bloggers. It’s the perfect place for anyone to share their favorite recipes.
7. If I am a blogger, how does MyRecipeMagic help me? In so many ways! It creates backlinks to your site, increasing your SEO. It drives traffic back to your site by having people click over to view the directions to the recipe. It will help people find you that may have never found you before. Plus, the extra money never hurt anyone! 🙂
8. How do you make your pictures look good? If you are not a food blogger you may not know about this free program called PicMonkey. It is incredibly user-friendly, automatically touches up your pictures, and lets you add text to each image. You will have to check it out!
Reasons to use MyRecipeMagic.com
For Recipe Lovers: Get the Nutrition Information for your favorite recipes See the diet “Points Value” for any recipe Create your own custom Cookbooks Search for recipes by ingredients, meal, holiday, etc – all at the same time! Create Menus and Shopping Lists from the recipes Print recipes and recipe cards Find recipes similar in ingredients and type Find recipes based on the ingredients you have on hand MyRecipeMagic’s little chef will find recipes that match what you like
For Food Bloggers: Make extra money by sharing your recipes (I’m not kidding!!) Create more traffic for your blog Get noticed by some of the best bloggers in this recipe sharing community Be listed as a ‘Featured Chef’ Create many links back to your blog that gets you noticed Monitor what others think of your recipes
For Non-Food Bloggers that have Recipes to Share: Make extra money by sharing your recipes (no, really!!!) Share recipes with family, friends or the world Create private or public cookbooks of any kind Get noticed by some of the best bloggers in this recipe sharing community Be listed as a ‘Featured Chef’ Monitor what others think of your recipes To get started using My Recipe Magic you need to sign up as a chef. Once you create an account you’re ready to start uploading your recipes! Adding a recipe is really easy, all you do it fill out the recipe form on the website, upload a picutre, and click submit. Our recipe loving people verify each recipe so there are no duplicates on the site. Once your recipe is published to the page you will receive an e-mail letting you know it’s on the site. To view all of your recipes click on “My Recipes”. Head over to your dashboard to view your recipes, your page views, how much money you earn, and your analytics!