Anything peanut butter & pretzel has my name all over it! Like I have this salty/sweet addiction that is pretty hard to ignore. Just take a look at my Caramel Pretzel Magic Bars, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pretzel Bars, & Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies to name a few. These Peanut Butter Pretzel Granola Bars fit right into my salty/sweet addiction, but in granola bar form. They are incredible when eaten straight from the fridge. Even though they are cold, they are so soft & chewy & couldn’t be easier to make! Perfect for after school snacking as well!
Peanut Butter Pretzel Granola Bars
- 4 cups oats
- 1 cup rice krispies cereal
- 2 cups pretzel sticks, broken into thirds or smaller (reserve 1/2 cup for topping)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks (or chips)
- Place oats, rice krispies cereal, & all but ½ cup of the broken pretzel pieces into a bowl.
- Heat butter, brown sugar, honey, & peanut butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Boil lightly for 2 minutes. Remove from heat & stir in vanilla (will bubble up so be careful.)
- Pour mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients. Fold gently, but coat all of the oat mixture. Spread into a greased jelly roll pan. Roll flat with a rolling pin. Sprinkle the top with chocolate chunks & reserved ½ cup of pretzel pieces & gently press into the granola bars with the rolling pin. Immediately refrigerate for 30 minutes before cutting. Keep refrigerated. (I covered my pan with plastic wrap as well.)
- *May substitute a 9x13" pan for thicker bars.
- *If using a jelly roll pan, cut bars 3x12 for average granola bar size. (Makes 36 granola bars this way.)
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.