Triple Chocolate Brownies
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Hi, my name is Amber & I am a chocoholic. It’s true! There are few things that can make my day better than a small piece of smooth, velvety chocolate. I keep a private mommy stash in my child-proof pantry for emergencies. It’s always best to be prepared!
These brownies, are incredibly chocolatey. A fudgy brownie base with chunks of chocolate chips, a light whipped chocolate frosting, & a thin ganache drizzle. The brownie itself is probably my favorite brownie base of all time. Nothing beats this fudgy homemade brownie recipe, even if it takes longer than a box from the store, it’s worth it! You are going to love these chocolate-lover brownies! Feel free to double or triple the frosting & ganache layers. I like to go light on toppings, but I know some people love all the extra goodies.
Triple Chocolate Brownies
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips + 1/2 cup extra semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
Whipped Chocolate Frosting - Makes 1 1/4 cup (Frosting lovers will want to double this part):
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
Ganache Drizzle (Double or triple this to spread over the whole pan for a 3rd layer):
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- For the brownie: Melt chocolate squares, butter & ¾ cup chocolate chips in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cool 5 minutes. Sift flour, baking powder & salt into a bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar & vanilla. Add slightly cooled, melted chocolate mixture. Add dry ingredients until incorporated. Fold in extra ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a greased 13x9 inch pan & bake at 350*F for 25-30 minutes.
- After brownies have cooled completely, make the Whipped Chocolate Frosting: In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk all the ingredients until stiff peaks. Spread over cooled brownies. (This layer may lose some of it's volume over time.)
- For the Ganache Drizzle: Heat ingredients in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over frosting. Refrigerate until solid. (*If doubling or tripling the ganache for an extra layer of frosting: Heat ingredients in short 10-15 second bursts in the microwave until melted, stirring in between bursts; do not burn chocolate. Allow to cool slightly & then spread over frosting & refrigerate until solid.)
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.