Chocolate Peanut Butter Scotcharoo Krispies
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
I am in a rice krispy kind of mood, so you might see a couple of these posts close together. I love how fast rice krispies come together. They also remind me of being a kid. My mom hardly ever made these, but we would get them at school & I loved the gooey marshmallow combined with the crunch of the cereal. It was a special treat. This version is really nice with lots of complimenting flavors, but I am pretty sure you can’t screw up a rice krispy anyway.
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 16 oz bag marshmallows
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- Melt butter & marshmallows in a large teflon pot over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add butterscotch chips & stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Add rice cereal & fold into marshmallow mixture.
- In a greased 9x13" pan, pour krispies mixture. Roll flat with a rolling pin, sprayed with pan spray to prevent sticking.
- In a separate small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt chocolate chips & peanut butter until smooth, stirring constantly to prevent burning the chocolate. Pour over the rice krispies & smooth with a spatula. Let set at room temperature for a couple hours.
- *The topping doesn't harden like plain melted chocolate would, it's more like a ganache, & will be soft but you want to wait until it is solid enough to cut. If you are in a rush, cover & place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, but keep an eye on it because refrigeration can cause your krispies to dry out.