I used to make these in a bakery I worked in. They really don’t need a recipe, per se. You basically want your mixture to be wet, but moldable. We never measured when we would make them. We would always add more sweetened condensed milk, coconut, or flour as needed. They are so quick to come together & people love them! The chocolate chips were always the popular ones, obviously, who doesn’t like chocolate? So here is a simple recipe that will make an easy cookie to share during the holidays, or whenever you want a coconut treat.
Chocolate Chip Macaroons
- 2 cups shredded coconut flakes
- 3 Tbsp flour
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp MINI semi-sweet chocolate chips (has to be mini's b/c the regular size won't hold shape with the cookies)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 (14oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk or HOMEMADE
- Combine dry coconut flakes, flour, salt & chocolate chips in a bowl. Toss together to combine.
- Make sweetened condensed milk according to directions. Allow to cool before using (or you might melt your chocolate chips.) Pour sweetened condensed milk & vanilla over dry ingredients & stir with a spatula until thoroughly combined. The mixture should be wet, but come together.
- With a #50 cookie scoop, lightly pack the scoop & round any coconut pieces that might be stringy on the edges. Make sure that when you scoop the cookies, it's solid enough so it doesn't fall apart when it bakes, but don't overpack it so much that is won't bake through. Place cookies on a PARCHMENT covered baking sheet. You can place them close together because they don't spread.
- Bake at 350*F for 8-12 minutes. Or until lightly browned on top & bottom.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.