Chocoholics NEED these Frosted Fudge Brownies! Super fudgy homemade brownies are topped with a smooth and creamy fudge chocolate frosting for ultimate chocolate pleasure. Great for lunch box treats, dessert, or anytime!
My older kids start school again this week! I’ve got a 3rd grader and a 1st grader now. Crazy! When I think of back-to-school, I think of school lunch. And one of my favorite school lunch treats as a kid (besides peanut butter fingers) was the frosted fudge brownies. I’ll admit, I’m a chocoholic, but come on! Look at these brownies? I think most people couldn’t resist!
There’s just something about a fudgy brownie that most people enjoy, because — hello! Chocolate! But throw some smooth and creamy chocolate frosting on top, and put a fork in me, because I’m done! I’m a total sucker for chocolate and these frosted fudge brownies are the ultimate chocolate pleasure. I’m giddy just thinking about eating these!
I’m already thinking of other variations I can make. (Brownies are so versatile!) And I’m dreaming of all the possibilities of things that I can put that silky fudge frosting on! Holy delicious!
But since school is starting, and school lunch is much “healthier” now, I think I will give my kids some tasty memories by putting one of these in their lunch boxes! I may even be deemed “the best mom ever!” Haha. I can dream right?! Enjoy my friends!
Frosted Fudge Brownies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Frosting (Makes 1 2/3 cups frosting):
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 to 4 Tbsp milk
- pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- In a large microwaveable bowl, melt butter. Stir in sugar and vanilla with a spoon. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add cocoa; mix completely. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes (depends on type of pan used; metal vs glass) or until a toothpick comes out almost clean from the center and the edges are pulling away from the sides of the pan. Cool completely.
- FOR THE FROSTING: Using an electric hand mixer, beat the butter, cocoa, corn syrup, and vanilla in a large bowl. Add the powdered sugar, 2 Tablespoons of milk, and a pinch of salt. Mix well. Add more milk a little at a time until desired spreading consistency is reached. Frost cooled brownies. Cut and serve. Cover any leftovers and store at room temperature.
Recipe lightly altered from Hershey's
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.