I am a muddy buddy fan! There is nothing quicker to whip up for a fun party snack than any version of these tasty treats! Last year I made a Gingerbread Puppy Chow that was crazy good! So, continuing with my Christmas tradition of muddy buddies, I have made the easiest Mint Truffle variation! This one is probably the easiest flavors to make because it’s only four ingredients. I have also learned that these are a fabulous snack to have on hand for your children to munch on as you grocery shop. Well, they get a little messy, but my daughter was so quiet & good in the cart the whole time as she snacked on these! Haha. Just sayin’…. Make these on Christmas eve & watch a good old Christmas classic movie & you’ve got yourself a fun night!
Mint Truffle Muddy Buddies
- 5 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 (10oz) bag Hershey's Mint Truffle Kisses
- 1 Tbsp shortening
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Optional: Mint & Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips for garnish
- Unwrap the whole bag of Mint Truffle Kisses & place the chocolates into a large bowl with 1 Tablespoon of shortening (this makes it a smoother consistency once it's melted).
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave 15 seconds. Stir. Microwave 15 seconds. Stir. Continue until chocolate is completely melted, but don't burn it. Add cereal to bowl & GENTLY fold the chocolate over the Chex cereal until the it's fully coated.
- Place powdered sugar into a gallon-size zip-top baggie. Add the coated cereal, zip the bag shut, & shake the bag until all the cereal is covered with powdered sugar & no longer sticking together. Empty into a bowl & start snacking. *Optional: Toss some mint & semi-sweet chocolate chips into the bowl with the muddy buddies for a pop of color & additional treats to eat.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.