S’mores Krispie Treats + Video
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
S’mores Krispie Treats have all the flavors of traditional s’mores made into an easy no-bake summer dessert. Loaded with Golden Grahams cereal, plenty of marshmallows and chocolate, these indoor s’mores bars are a crowd favorite.
S’mores are fun to make and delicious to eat, but you don’t always have easy access to a campfire. These mock S’mores Krispie Treats combine all the flavors of a traditional s’mores: graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate into a chewy, gooey treat!
S’mores Krispie Treats
Fashioned after my Best Rice Krispie Treats Recipe, these S’mores Krispie Treats have un-melted chunks in them. I love to bite into a chewy marshmallow, or chunk of chocolate. It gives these dessert bars a variety of tastes and textures.
The trick is to put some of the mini marshmallows in with the cereal, instead of melting them all. I added chocolate chips into the bowl of cereal as well. You will want to let the melted marshmallows cool for a few minutes before adding them to the cereal, but the chocolate will still melt some.
Hershey bars are pressed into the top of these s’mores krispie treats while they are still slightly warm, so they will stick and melt just slightly. You can save a few marshmallows for this too.
Adults and kids alike are fans of these thick and chewy s’mores krispie treats. You just can’t beat those s’mores flavors. Try these other s’mores inspired recipes:
- – S’mores Cookies – These S’mores Cookies are made with a graham cracker cookie dough, miniature chocolate chips, and marshmallows bits for a great alternative to campfire s’mores that is equally as tasty.
- – Grilled S’mores Pizza – Make your dessert outside! This Grilled S’mores Pizza is an easy and delicious dessert with all the flavors of everyone’s favorite campfire treat!
- – S’mores Donuts – Glazed and ganached, with crushed graham crackers on top, and a marshmallow buttercream center, these S’mores Donuts are delicious and decadent.
- 6 Tbsp salted butter
- 16oz bag mini marshamllows
- 6 cups Golden Grahams Cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips/chunks
- 4 snack size Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars (or 1 regular size (1.55oz) bar)
- Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place cereal in a large bowl. Add the chocolate chips. Remove 3 cups of mini marshmallows from the bag. Toss 2 1/2 cups of the marshmallows with the cereal and chocolate chips. Set aside the other 1/2 cup to press into the top of the bars later on.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the remaining marshmallows. Stir constantly until just barely melted. Remove from heat. Let rest 2 minutes to cool slightly.
- Pour the melted marshmallows over the cereal mixture. Stir until evenly coated. Pour into the prepared pan and flatten with a greased spatula or rolling pin.
- Separate Hershey's squares and then cut them in half. Press the chocolate squares and reserved 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows into the top of the krispie treats. TIP: Place a layer of wax paper on top (to minimize the sticky mess) and then press or roll with rolling pin.
- Cool completely, then cut into squares and serve. Cover and store any leftovers at room temperature up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 170mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and is an estimation only.