S’mores Cookies (+ more s’mores recipes!)
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
These S’mores Cookies are made with a graham cracker cookie dough, miniature chocolate chips, and marshmallows bits for a great alternative to campfire s’mores that is equally as tasty.
These s’mores cookies are like my new favorite cookie recipe! Crushed graham crackers help make up the cookie dough and mini chocolate chips and marshmallow bits are identifiable in every bite. Plus, these cookies are topped with milk chocolate candy bar pieces, extra marshmallow bits, and graham cracker chunks for decoration. There’s no denying these cookies are inspired by s’mores!
Think about your favorite chocolate chip cookies. This is like those, but elevated! I’m not even a huge fan of s’mores. I don’t like the stickiness of them, so these s’mores cookies are perfect for me. All the flavors of s’mores, but more manageable to eat.
Oh hey! Did I forget to mention that today is National S’mores Day? I did?! So sorry about that! Yes, we are celebrating in cookie style today. Of course you can always go ahead and roast some marshmallows over the stovetop (or a fire-pit if you’re lucky enough to have one of those) and make real s’mores, but that wouldn’t be as delicious as these cookies. Just sayin’!
I had to pack up these smore’s cookies on plates and hand them out to my neighbors ASAP because I couldn’t be trusted around them. They are THAT good! Don’t just make boring chocolate chip cookies, make s’mores cookies instead! I hope you love them like we do! *No campfire required!*
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 9 graham crackers finely crushed in a food processor (1 sleeve/package of graham crackers; about 1 rounded cup full)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (12 oz) bag semi-sweet miniature chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature Jet Puffed Mallow Bits
- 1 Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bar, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Scrape the bowl with a spatula. Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each one. Add the vanilla. Mix, and then scrape the bowl.
- Combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, and salt in another bowl. Whisk to combine. Slowly add the flour mixture while the machine is running. Mix until just combined. With a spatula, fold in the mini chocolate chips, and marshmallow bits.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop cookies onto a parchment (or silicone mat) lined baking sheet. Press extra graham cracker pieces, marshmallow bits, and cut up Hershey bar pieces into the top of each dough ball, if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes. They should be lightly golden on the outside, but slightly gooey towards the center. Allow to rest on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Want “S’more” Recipes??? Try these by clicking on the images below!
No Bake S’mores Cheesecake // The Recipe Rebel
Hershey Kiss S’mores Cookies // Like Mother Like Daughter
S’mores French Macarons // Tried and Tasty
S’more Cereal Treats // One Sweet Appetite
S’mores Muddy Buddies // Cupcake Diaries
S’mores Monkey Bread // Lemon Tree Dwelling
Nutella Stuffed S’mores Skillet Cookie // Life Made Sweeter
S’mores Cinnamon Twists // A Kitchen Addiction
No-Bake Caramel S’mores Cups // A Dash Of Sanity
S’mores Cupcakes // Garnish & Glaze
25 Comments on “S’mores Cookies (+ more s’mores recipes!)”
I read so many comments under recipes and they all talk about how amazing they look. I always wonder why these people don’t make the recipe and then come back and comment…I’ve made these and they are amazing!! I use regular sized chocolate chips and regular small marshmallows as my store doesn’t have the minis. I just use a scissors to cut the marshmallows in half!! I love how the brown sugar caramelizes the outside of the cookie. These are perfect!
Nice adjustments! Glad you are enjoying this recipe Jess!
I’m about to make these in advance but wondering do the freeze well. And what size Hershey bar?
I’m assuming they freeze well because they are similar to chocolate chip cookies, and those freeze well. I used a regular size Hershey Bar, but if you want more, just use a bigger size. Enjoy!
Are marshmallow bits the same as mini marshmallows?
They’re actually different. Marshmallow bits are hard like the kind that come in a packet of hot chocolate w/ marshmallows. This is what they look like: http://amzn.to/2qKWUmh (affiliate)
These cookies look absolutely perfect! I have a bunch of those miniature marshmallows that I for sure have to use in these cookies! Mmmm!
Thanks Melanie! This is a great way to use those marshmallow bits. 🙂
These cookies would be devoured in no time at our house! I need to try these soon!
Oh they are hard to stop eating for sure! Thanks Jessica!
My family loves s’mores and I know this entire batch would be gone in no time! They look SO delicious! Love the graham cracker crumbs!
It was a fun cookie to make! Thanks Kelly!
I can’t believe you don’t love smores?! 😉 I love all things smores and I know these cookies need to be added to that list. YUM!
I don’t love marshmallows, but these are good! Haha.
Love using the tiny mallow bits, I always have an issue with using regular marshmallows and them disappearing! These look so good!
Yes, regular marshmallows would melt completely, so the bits give you that flavor of a marshmallow without having it disappear on you. Unless you are eating them before they go in the batter. 😉
Graham cracker crumbs IN THE DOUGH?! Genius.
I know. Crazy right?! It gives it a nice flavor!
I kind of want to just go to the kitchen and make these RIGHT now. They look so perfectly crisp and chewy!
You totally should! They were great! Thanks Ashley!