Chocolate Stuffed French Toast
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
This Chocolate Stuffed French Toast is dipped in a sweet & buttery batter, then grilled until crisp on the outside and melty in the center. A perfect breakfast for the holidays or any time of year!
*This post is brought to you by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Dessert Now Dinner Later possible.
It’s the holidays y’all! My family is more traditional about the foods we serve for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. Like turkey on Thanksgiving (with mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, baked beans) and ham on Christmas (same sides as Thanksgiving.) My husband’s family does turkey for Thanksgiving, but Christmas can be anything from prime rib, to lobster and shrimp, or eating out at a restaurant.
One thing that a lot of families do, that we haven’t tried with our young family yet, is to make a nice, big, Christmas breakfast. The most common thing I’ve heard from my friends is to do cinnamon rolls, which sounds fabulous, but I thought I would try a different indulgent breakfast idea: Chocolate Stuffed French Toast.
My kids love French toast as it is. Sometimes we will make a lot on Sunday and then throw them in the toaster for breakfast during the school week, but since we’re talking about Christmas, this French toast has to be extra special. So we put chocolate (Nutella) on the inside, and put some orange juice, butter, and sugar in the batter to give it a rich flavor, and guarantee a crisp, caramelized exterior. The results — amazing!
You can even prep the chocolate stuffed bread the night before, whip up the batter in the morning (it’s easy, I promise) and cook them up in no time! My 6 year old devoured 3 of these all to himself. I think that pretty much sums it up. Try something new for Christmas this year and make this Chocolate Stuffed French Toast. It will make the season merry and bright!
Chocolate Stuffed French Toast
- 1 Loaf Rhodes Bread, baked as directed
- 6 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- sprinkle of salt
- Slice the bread into 12 thin slices without end crusts. Spread 1 tablespoon chocolate hazelnut spread between 2 slices of bread making 6 sandwiches. The crusts will be cut off so you don't need to cover the bread completely.
- Using a large drinking glass, cut a circle out of the middle of each sandwich. This will also seal the edges of the sandwich.
- Combine beaten eggs, milk, sugar, orange juice, melted butter, vanilla and salt. Heat frying pan to medium heat and spray with non-stick spray. Dip sandwiches in the batter, coating both sides and cook on both sides until nicely browned.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
2 Comments on “Chocolate Stuffed French Toast”
Oh, Amber, I love this! Chocolate and French Toast. Yum! I’ll take 4 slices. 🙂
Haha! Thanks Teresa!