White Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Sugar Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Last December I did a 12 Days of Christmas Sweets Series, and although it was fun, it was a LOT of work. I just can’t blog that many days in row straight through. It’s incredibly stressful. So this year I am promising you a “No Dinners December”, where I only share sweet treats & things for parties rather than meals for dinner. I hope that doesn’t make you sad, it’s supposed to be a fun thing! Gear up for some delicious sweets, drinks & appetizers!
Today is the beginning of all the holiday deliciousness! These White Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Sugar Cookies are simple & elegant. Great for those holiday cookie exchanges. The cookies are soft with hints of peppermint crunch bits. The white chocolate on top adds just the right amount of sweetness to a simple peppermint cookie base and the red & white colors are perfectly Christmas-y & pretty to look at. Make these soon! 🙂
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp pure peppermint extract (depending on desired mint-iness)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips, plus more for decoration
- 1 cup good quality white chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp shortening
- Red Sugar Crystals, for decoration
- In a stand mixer, cream the shortening, butter & sugar until creamy. Add egg, vanilla, & peppermint extract. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine, baking powder, salt, & flour. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Fold in peppermint chips. Using a #30 scoop (about 2 Tbsp), scoop cookie dough balls, roll in the palm of your hand & place on a greased/lined baking sheet. Press the top of the cookie dough balls down with the palm of your hand to about ½" thickness.
- Bake at 350*F for 10-12 minutes until set. Allow cookies to cool completely.
- Melt 1 cup of white chocolate chips with 1 Tbsp shortening in short bursts in the microwave until melted & smooth. Dip just the top part of the cooled cookies halfway into the melted white chocolate. Scrape any drips of white chocolate onto the edge of the bowl. Place the cookie back onto the baking sheet. Immediately garnish with additional peppermint chips & a few dashes of red sugar crystals. Repeat with each cookie. Allow chocolate to set before eating or packaging for gifts.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g