Banana Coconut Mini Cookie Cups
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Tropical inspired coconut cookie cups filled with sliced bananas and topped with a swirled coconut buttercream frosting.
Hey friends, it’s Kelly from Life Made Sweeter again. I’m back today to share another fun dessert with you. These Banana Coconut Mini Cookie Cups are not only super cute but the coconut cookie dough is easy to whip up too. There is no need to chill the dough either since they are made in a muffin tin and won’t spread.
Once the cookie cups are baked up — we just fill them with a little bit of coconut frosting, top with some banana slices and then swirl on the rest of the coconut frosting. Finally, we add a sprinkle of some toasted coconut and garnish with another banana slice.
The tropical flavors are delicious and perfect for welcoming the warm weather ahead!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
Coconut Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 bananas, sliced into thin rounds or diced
- toasted coconut
To Make the Cookie Cups:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a mini-sized muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add egg, then vanilla, and mix until combined, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing on low speed until incorporated. Fold in shredded coconut.
- Roll into 1 inch balls (about a heaping 1 tablespoon) and place dough into prepared muffin tin, dividing the dough evenly among cups. Place an indentation in the middle of the cookie cups either with your thumb or the back of a teaspoon. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are golden.
- Remove from oven. Using the back of a teaspoon or something similar, immediately press down on the center of each cookie to form a cup. Allow to cool completely.
- To Make the Frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the butter on medium speed for about 5 minutes until light and creamy, stopping to scrape the bowl once or twice. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the powdered sugar.
- Once all of the powdered sugar is incorporated, increase the speed back to medium and add the vanilla and coconut extracts, mixing until incorporated. Mix for an additional 2 minutes until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl as needed.
- To Assemble: Fill a pastry bag fitted with a star tip with buttercream and pipe about ¼ teaspoon into each cookie cup. Add two sliced banana pieces on top of the buttercream and pipe on more frosting to create swirls.
- Top with shredded toasted coconut and extra sliced bananas.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
You may also enjoy these other coconut desserts from Life Made Sweeter: