I’m all over red treats right now! Valentine’s Day must be coming up, haha! Y’all have one month to figure out what you’re doing, so I want to be sure to give you some fun ideas, and these Red Velvet Blossoms are 6 ingredients easy! The kids love making and eating them too!
These pictures just don’t do the vibrant red color of these cookies justice because it was a cloudy day, but believe me, these cookies are GORGEOUS!
I really enjoyed these cookies fresh from the oven because they are crisp on the outside and fudgy on the inside. I like that the chocolate kiss on top was still melty too! MMM!!!
The only warning that should come with these cookies is that they can make your mouth red (duh), so the little ones might get a bit messy! Nonetheless, they are the perfect red treat for at least 2 holidays out of the year!
Red Velvet Blossoms
- 1 (16.5oz) box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1 (2.25oz) jar red sugar crystals
- Hershey Kisses (approximately 28)
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, combine the Red Velvet Cake Mix, oil, water, and egg until no dry lumps appear.
- Pour the red sugar crystals into a bowl. Scoop 1½ to 2 Tbsp sized cookie balls. Roll cookie dough balls individually in the red sugar crystals and place them a few inches apart on a prepared baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 to 10 minutes. Immediately press a chocolate kiss in the center of each warm cookie gently. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Recipe lightly altered and re-written from This Silly Girl’s Life