I was first introduced to Biscoff spread when we were in the process of buying our house last year. The family that we bought from was so sweet. We even hung out with them a couple times before we finished all the paperwork & moved in. Anyway, the wife gave us a whole jar of this stuff & told me I had to try it. I can’t decide if I am glad about that or not, because I am addicted! I love this stuff! If you don’t know, Biscoff is a cookie butter. Like Nutella, it tastes amazing, but this stuff is almost like a graham cracker-ish flavor. I don’t know how to describe it, but it is good on toast, or with apples, or in blondies, etc.
So basically Biscoff spread can be put on or in anything & make it taste good. Today’s treat is rice krispies because with school being in session for the cute kids in the neighborhood (& my oldest starts preschool) I thought it would be fun to make as a lunch box or after school snack. Who doesn’t love rice krispies? It brings me back to childhood. There’s nothing better than a chewy, delicious treat!
Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 (10oz) bag mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup biscoff spread, plus extra for spreading on the top
- 5 1/2 cups rice krispies cereal
- Butter or grease a 13x9" baking dish. Melt butter with marshmallows in a large non-stick pot. Add biscoff spread & stir to combine.
- Remove from heat & add the rice krispies cereal. Stir to coat & press into the greased baking dish. Allow to cool slightly. Melt a couple tablespoons of biscoff spread in the microwave for 10 seconds & spread or drizzle it over the top of the treats. Allow to cool completely before cutting & serving.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.