When the weather starts to cool down & I feel fall on it’s way I get a hankering for baking. Two of my many favorite fall flavors are caramel & apples. I actually heard of this recipe a year ago, & looked it up just so I could try it. I am in love with these cookies. I slightly altered the recipe, but wow! If you are looking for a cookie that tastes like apple cider & caramel, these are fantastic! One of my friends even said it tastes a lot like apple crisp too, so either way, you get that yummy apple fall flavor.
Caramel Apple Cider Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 packets, or half of a 7.4oz box Alpine Spiced Apple Cider Instant Original Drink Mix (NOT sugar free- found near the hot chocolate/coffee aisle)
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Kraft Caramel Bits
- Preheat oven to 350*F. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, & salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer cream butter, sugar, & apple cider packets. Add egg & vanilla & mix thoroughly. Scrape bowl.
- Gradually add dry ingredients until combined. Add caramel bits last, just until incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop balls of cookie dough & place on a PARCHMENT lined baking sheet. (Best for the caramel to not stick.)
- Bake for 12 minutes, do not over-bake.