Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
No ice cream maker required for this no churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. It’s creamy, with just the right amount of mint. Use Andes mint chips for extra mint flavor, or keep it classic with mini chocolate chips.
According to the International Dairy Foods Association, mint chocolate chip ice cream is one of the 5 most popular ice cream flavors — ranking in 4th place, and it’s easy to see why.
It’s creamy, sweet, and chocolatey with bright, refreshing mint. Mint is well-known as a traditional palate cleanser, so mint chocolate chip ice cream is the perfect dessert to have after dinner. It also makes a great flavor for cookies!
MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM
This mint chocolate chip ice cream recipe is super easy to make without an ice cream maker. Simply whip heavy cream to stiff peaks, and fold in sweetened condensed milk, mint extract, green food coloring (optional), and the chocolate of your choice.
I used Andes mint baking chips for extra mint flavor, but mini chocolate chips, or a chopped up chocolate bar work great too!
Pour the ice cream mixture into a freezer safe container, cover with a lid or plastic wrap, and freeze until solid. I like our ice cream a little soft still, as you can see in the pictures. It will freeze completely solid, so no worries about that.
MINT OR PEPPERMINT FOR MINT ICE CREAM?
When I think of mint chocolate chip ice cream, I automatically think of the “green” mint — spearmint or cremé de menthe. You may use either peppermint or (spear)mint to flavor this recipe, since you are making it at home. Use which ever is your personal preference.
My kids absolutely love mint chocolate chip ice cream! This no churn version is even easy enough for them to make. Want MORE NO CHURN ICE CREAM RECIPES? Check out these:
- – Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- – Coconut Ice Cream (Only 2 ingredients!)
- – Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
- – Oreo Fudge Ice Cream
- – Cake Batter Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp mint or peppermint extract
- 6 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup Andes mint chocolate baking chips (or mini chocolate chips, or chopped up chocolate bar)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks.
- Pour in the sweetened condensed milk, mint extract, food coloring, and mint chocolate chips.
- Gently fold until just combined. Empty mixture into an 8-cup (2-quart) freezer safe container or large loaf pan. Cover tightly with a lid or plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn.
- Freeze 4-5 hours or until firm. Freezing overnight is recommended. Keep frozen.