Who likes mint chocolate?! I do! I do! I am pretty crazy about it actually. It’s even my favorite flavor of Stephen’s Hot Cocoa. Christmas candy is already out in the stores, so you have no excuse not to make these. They are flippin’ ridiculously easy. They start with a cake mix, so that kind of easy! Today’s recipe is my contributor post for Pretty Providence, so go check it out & tell Sarah & Jessica hello!
Recipe added 9/10/15. Also seen on Pretty Providence.
Mint Truffle Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 (8oz) tub Cool Whip
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp pure creme de menthe mint extract
- 1 (2.25oz) bottle green sugar crystals
- Hershey's Mint Truffle Kisses
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, for drizzle
- In a stand mixer, combine cake mix, cool whip, egg & mint extract. Scrape bowl & re-mix until no cool whip streaks appear. (Do NOT use a hand mixer, the dough is thick.)
- Scoop balls of cookie dough & dredge (coat) the outside of the cookie dough in a bowl filled with the green sugar crystals. Flatten cookie dough until about ¾″ thick on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place an unwrapped mint truffle kiss in the center. Repeat with each cookie.
- Bake at 350˚F for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies have spread, cracked & look done.
- Smooth the tip of the melted kiss with the back of a spoon. Heat the chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave 30 seconds at a time until melted. Place in a plastic bag with the corner cut off. Zig-zag the tops of the cookies. Allow to cool completely before removing from pan & packaging for friends/neighbors. You can place cookies in the fridge to speed the process along. Enjoy!
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.