Hot Fudge Sauce
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
If you saw my Crockpot Caramel post on Tuesday, you know that I had a little ice cream party that I was making toppings for. Well, I decided to make some hot fudge sauce as well. I even used my Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk for this recipe!
This fudge is super simple. It might look a little thinner than most fudge sauce, but once it hits that cold ice cream it becomes that thick, chocolatey texture that we all love about hot fudge. Keep it refrigerated & use within 2 weeks, but you might find lots of excuses to eat it up before then 🙂
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a large microwave safe bowl or 4-cup glass measuring cup, combine the condensed milk, butter & chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds. Whisk. Heat on high for another 45 seconds. Whisk again.
- Add the cream & vanilla until blended & return to the microwave for an additional 45 seconds.
- Cool & store in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Recipe from A Little Yumminess & re-written using my own words.
About Home Canning: I actually don’t recommend canning caramel or chocolate sauce at home. Home canning only works with high acid foods, and caramel or chocolate sauces are definitely not in that category. Trying to can these in a hot water bath without refrigerating the cans would put you at risk for botulism once consumed. These products can only safely be canned in a professional processing facility with specialized equipment and usually the use of preservatives. They are still really fun to give away as gifts, but make sure the recipient understands to keep it refrigerated & consume it within a couple weeks; writing an “expiration date” & refrigeration reminder on top the the lid might not be a bad idea as well. Enjoy!