Apple Crisp For One is a delicious single-serving dessert! Make it in the microwave OR oven and top it with vanilla ice cream for an extra tasty treat.
I am having a lot of fun in my kitchen making single serving desserts lately, so be prepared to see at least one more. Basically, I have a mad sweet tooth and need some sugar after any savory meal, but I can’t go eating a whole pan of brownies or limit myself to one cookie. Plus, I am a warm fruit lover! Do you remember my recent post about Honey & Cinnamon Grilled Peaches? So good!
With Fall around the corner I am getting a hankering for apples and it just seemed natural to go with an Apple Crisp. So here it is! Simple! Tastes great! My kids wanted to eat all of my dessert. Stinkers! Haha. It’s okay to share this, but it’s perfectly fine to keep it all for yourself. Enjoy!
Apple Crisp For One
- 1 large granny smith apple
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, divided
- 2 Tbsp quick oats, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Peel and thinly slice apple. Toss apple slices with 1 Tbsp brown sugar, ½ Tbsp quick oats, ½ Tbsp flour, ⅛ tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp lemon juice. Place in a microwaveable dish (ramekin, bowl, etc.)
- Using a fork, combine the remaining ingredients with butter for the crumb topping. (1 Tbsp brown sugar, 1½ Tbsp quick oats, 1 Tbsp flour, ⅛ tsp cinnamon, and 1 Tbsp of butter.) Sprinkle over apples.
- Microwave for 60 to 90 seconds until apples are tender. Serve plain or with a small scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
*No Microwave? Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes, until apples are tender.
**The microwaved version will NOT be crispy - but is still delicious.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Recipe altered from My Happy Place