Apple Crisp For One + Video
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Apple Crisp For One is a delicious single-serving dessert! Make it in the microwave OR oven and top it with vanilla ice cream for an extra tasty treat.
I am having a lot of fun in my kitchen making single serving desserts lately, so be prepared to see at least one more. Basically, I have a mad sweet tooth and need some sugar after any savory meal, but I can’t go eating a whole pan of brownies or limit myself to one cookie. Plus, I am a warm fruit lover! Do you remember my recent post about Honey & Cinnamon Grilled Peaches? So good!
With Fall around the corner I am getting a hankering for apples and it just seemed natural to go with an Apple Crisp. So here it is! Simple! Tastes great! My kids wanted to eat all of my dessert. Stinkers! Haha. It’s okay to share this, but it’s perfectly fine to keep it all for yourself. Enjoy!
Apple Crisp For One
- 1 large granny smith apple
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, divided
- 2 Tbsp quick oats, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Peel and thinly slice apple. Toss apple slices with 1 Tbsp brown sugar, ½ Tbsp quick oats, ½ Tbsp flour, ⅛ tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp lemon juice. Place in a microwaveable dish (ramekin, bowl, etc.)
- Using a fork, combine the remaining ingredients with butter for the crumb topping. (1 Tbsp brown sugar, 1½ Tbsp quick oats, 1 Tbsp flour, ⅛ tsp cinnamon, and 1 Tbsp of butter.) Sprinkle over apples.
- Microwave for 60 to 90 seconds until apples are tender. Serve plain or with a small scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
*No Microwave? Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes, until apples are tender.
**The microwaved version will NOT be crispy - but is still delicious.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
34 Comments on “Apple Crisp For One + Video”
I only have regular oats, can I use them instead of quick oats?
Yes, they might just be chewier.