I am so excited to be back in the swing of things! January seemed long and short at the same time! It was hectic getting my blog moved over from blogger to wordpress, everything tweaked and ready for my blog conference (this weekend!) and I simply missed creating recipes and posting them for you guys! Anyway, I am back so let’s get to it!
I am in full swing Valentine’s mode, so I hope you are all ready for that! Be prepared for red, pink and fruity treats these next couple weeks. Today’s post could not get any easier! I am talking cake mix and waffle iron easy. Now, just because it’s easy doesn’t mean it’s not elegant. I mean look at these beautiful red velvet waffles that are so delicious with a hint of fruit and cream cheese drizzle. Perfection! This would make the perfect breakfast in bed on Valentine’s Day or even a lovely Valentine’s dessert if you just can’t get passed eating cake for breakfast. Hey my kids didn’t object having cake waffles for breakfast! Even if you do it just for your kids, do it, because they will love it!!!
Red Velvet Waffles with Cream Cheese Icing Drizzle
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix (plus ingredients listed on the box)
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp milk or more depending on desired consistency of the icing
- Mixed fresh or frozen berries
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the box directions. Spray the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray, then pour some of the batter (about ½ cup for my size waffle iron) on the hot waffle iron and spread it out (the batter is pretty thick), being careful to not overfill the iron. Cook according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- To make the cream cheese drizzle, mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Whisk in the milk until desired consistency.
- Top each waffle with some berries and drizzle the cream cheese mixture over the top.