I am a huge fan of salads! I love the crunch of the lettuce & the myriad of toppings with a creamy cool dressing. In the summer I like to grill as often as we can, because that means my husband will make dinner! He is the King of the Grill at our house, & yeah, sometimes I don’t feel like cooking & need a break from the kitchen. This dish we actually did together, but it is so quick & easy it wouldn’t have mattered who made it. My husband put this on his “Make again soon list.” I really liked this salad! It’s got lots of great flavors going on: sweet crunchy corn, smooth creamy avocado, & a creamy dressing with a tad bit of heat. Perfection!
Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp pureed chipotle chile with adobo sauce (from can)
- 1 tsp dried cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 4 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 cups shredded romaine or green leaf lettuce
- 2 cups, diced grilled chicken breasts (2 breasts; we flavored ours with one of our favorite seasonings: Jamaican Jerk Rub)
- 1 large avocado, peeled & diced
- 1/2 small red onion, small diced
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15.25oz) can no-salt-added whole-kernel corn, drained
- Whisk dressing in a small bowl.
- Combine lettuce & remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss gently with dressing. Serve immediately.
- *Would be great with tortilla strips or even french fried onions straws.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Recipe altered from Nutmeg Notebook
*Rachael Ray tip of the day: Puree the whole can of chipotle chiles with adobo sauce. Pour mixture into an ice cube tray & freeze in 1 Tbsp portions. Store in a plastic freezer bag & pull cubes as needed. Don’t go wasting that whole can on one chipotle chile!*