Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
I am a huge fan of salads! I love the crunch of the lettuce & the myriad of toppings with a creamy cool dressing. In the summer I like to grill as often as we can, because that means my husband will make dinner! He is the King of the Grill at our house, & yeah, sometimes I don’t feel like cooking & need a break from the kitchen. This dish we actually did together, but it is so quick & easy it wouldn’t have mattered who made it. My husband put this on his “Make again soon list.” I really liked this salad! It’s got lots of great flavors going on: sweet crunchy corn, smooth creamy avocado, & a creamy dressing with a tad bit of heat. Perfection!
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp pureed chipotle chile with adobo sauce (from can -- tip for the leftovers below recipe card)
- 1 tsp dried cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 4 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 cups shredded romaine or green leaf lettuce
- 2 cups diced grilled chicken breasts, seasoned however you like
- 1 large avocado, peeled & diced
- 1/2 small red onion, small diced
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15.25oz) can no-salt-added whole-kernel corn, drained
- Whisk dressing in a small bowl.
- Combine lettuce & remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss gently with dressing. Serve immediately.
- *Would be great with tortilla strips or even french fried onions straws.