Happy New Year everybody! I know the holidays are full of indulgent foods & January is almost everyone’s excuse to cleanse their diets & get back on track. So this month I will be having several guest bloggers sharing the best HEALTHY meals, snacks, drinks & even desserts! I am calling it “Healthy Food, Healthy You!” month!
I am so grateful for all of my friends who are helping share recipes because I am taking this month to get my blog switched over from blogger to wordpress. It’s a tad stressful for someone technically challenged like myself, to do the switch all by myself in order to save some money, but it is what it is. Hopefully once the switch is made, my blog will look a lot nicer, be easier to navigate & run a little faster.
With that said, I am kicking off the month with these incredibly flavorful Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps. The flavors are bold & delicious! This is one meal you won’t be missing the carbs on! Enjoy!
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into small, 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or I use 2 tsp of Gourmet Garden Chunky Garlic)
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded/matchstick carrots (about 5-6 baby carrots cut into matchsticks)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cabbage or cole slaw mix
- 3-4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce (found in the Asian section of the grocery store)
- 1 Tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Lettuce Leaves (butter/bib lettuce works best, but you can use romaine or green leaf as well.)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat & add canola oil. Throw in the cubed chicken, garlic, onions, salt & pepper. Let the mixture cook until the chicken is no longer pink & the onions are soft, about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrots, cabbage & green onions cooking an additional 4-5 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Add the cilantro, sweet chili sauce & peanut butter mixing thoroughly to combine until heated through. Serve on top of washed lettuce leaves.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.