I found a couple different versions of this dish & decided to kind of combine some of the flavors from the two. I love the idea of Mexican Haystacks! These did not disappoint! It is creamy & packed with flavor & texture. It makes a LOT for our little family, so sadly we might not make it again for a while, unless we invite some friends over to help share in the goodness, but it is great for bigger families & or a potluck. Did I mention this is made in a crockpot? How easy is that? Can’t get any better!
Crockpot Mexican Haystacks
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa (I used Great Value Black Bean & Corn Salsa)
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1-4oz can diced green chilies
- 1-15.25oz can black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Ranch Mix (or half a packet)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Homemade Taco Seasoning (or half a packet)
- 2 large chicken breasts
- White Rice, prepared
- Tortilla Chips
- Shredded Cheese
- Green Onion/Cilantro
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a crock pot. Add chicken. Cook on low for 4-6 hours (or high 2-4 hours.)
- Remove chicken, shred & return to pot with sauce mixture.
- Serve over rice with tortilla chips, cheese, green onion, cilantro, olives, or whatever other toppings you desire.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.