Real apple pieces and a hearty helping of cinnamon turn regular pancakes into these simple, yet special Apple Cinnamon Pancakes.
Sometimes I am a really nice mom and I make something new and exciting for my kids to eat for breakfast, like these apple cinnamon pancakes. I guess this was one of those days that I was feeling like being the “cool mom.” Haha.
I was in a fruity pancake mood, and I immediately thought of “banana pancakes,” but I’ve heard mixed reviews on those. You know the ones with just bananas and eggs? Yeah, so I decided to go the safe route and just do a simple pancake recipe with the addition of apples and cinnamon. Since I love fruit with my pancakes, I figured these apple cinnamon pancakes would be a tasty idea, and it worked out well.
I wanted pieces of real fruit in my apple cinnamon pancakes, so I grated an apple and used apple juice instead of milk to help enhance the apple flavor. The pieces of shredded apple aren’t so thick that it ruins the texture of the pancake, but they are distinct enough to know that they come from an apple. (I actually made this recipe twice. The first time, I followed this recipe and they didn’t turn out to our liking, so I revised the recipe and came up with my own version, which we liked much better.)
If you didn’t know, today is national pancake day. These apple cinnamon pancakes are a great way to celebrate! They are almost as quick to whip up as regular pancakes. If you want more pancake ideas, scroll through the recipes below. Enjoy!
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup peeled grated apple (about 1 medium apple)
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Whisk the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add the grated apple, apple juice, egg, butter and vanilla.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium heat. Melt some butter or grease with cooking spray. Using a ¼-cup measure, scoop batter onto skillet or griddle. Spread/flatten the batter slightly.
- Cook 2-3 minutes or until the top is bubbly, then flip the pancake over and cook until the bottom is golden brown, an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Makes 8 pancakes. Serve with syrup, whipped cream, or powdered sugar.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Want more Pancake Recipes??? Try these by clicking on the images below!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Dutch Baby Pancakes // Tried and Tasty
Lemon Blueberry Greek Yogurt Pancakes // The Recipe Rebel
Buttermilk Pancakes // One Sweet Appetite
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes // Sugar & Soul
Samoa Pancakes // Life Made Sweeter
Pumpkin Swirled Pancake Muffins // A Kitchen Addiction
Churro Pancakes // The Love Nerds
Brownie Batter Pancakes // Like Mother Like Daughter
Blueberry Pancakes with Warm Buttermilk Syrup // Cupcake Diaries
Pumpkin Cheesecake Pancakes // Lemon Tree Dwelling
Orange Poppy Seed Pancakes // Garnish and Glaze