Cranberry Orange Muffins
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Homemade Cranberry Orange Muffins with plump, fresh cranberries, orange juice and zest, topped with an orange glaze!
Cranberry Orange Muffins are a long time favorite of mine, but having worked in a bakery you get the advantage of using really strong flavored orange bits. It’s a little hard to mimic that strong orange flavor at home with real oranges, but there is orange juice and zest in both the muffin and glaze on these, and the tart, plump cranberries just make these really tasty muffins!
Aren’t they pretty?! I totally had 4 in one sitting. Whoops! Haha. They’re that good! Make these for Christmas breakfast OR brunch OR anytime!
Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- zest of 1 orange (1 Tbsp)
- juice of 1 orange (1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp orange extract (if you have it)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the yogurt, sugar, eggs, orange zest and juice, orange extract, and oil. Whisk until smooth. Mix in the flour mixture. Fold in the cranberries.
- Fill muffin tins with paper cups. Scoop muffin mixture ⅔ full in each cup.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 18 minutes or until the muffin springs back when touched.
- While muffins bake, prepare glaze by combining the powdered sugar, orange juice, and zest.
- Allow muffins to cool just slightly, then dip them immediately upside-down into the glaze, scrape off any excess, and allow glaze to set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
14 Comments on “Cranberry Orange Muffins”
I had tried them today, they are delicious !!!!
Great! Thanks for your review!
Wow! These muffins are gorgeous! Love the cranberry and orange combo and that glaze is totally calling my name!
Thanks Kelly! It’s delicious!
These muffins are gorgeous, Amber! I don’t think I could display any self control around them. I’d eat them ALL!
Thanks Jen! It really is hard to eat only one. haha.
Oh, man. Could these muffins get any more gorgeous?! I’m seriously drooling over all that pretty orange glaze! Perfect match with the cranberries. 🙂
Thanks Sarah! The orange and cranberry really do compliment each other.
Oh, Amber, Your pictures are so beautiful. These muffins look so lovely. I love cranberries and oranges together. This looks like another recipe I’ll be making soon! 🙂
Thanks Teresa! It’s one of my favorite combos!
You can’t go wrong with a glazed muffin. It’s like a breakfast cupcake, right?! These look so good!
Breakfast cupcake?! That’s genius! 😉
I’d eat at least 4 of these if not more! They look so yummy!
They are quite addicting! haha. Thanks Tori!