Cranberry Orange Muffins are a long time favorite of mine, but having worked in a bakery you get the advantage of using really strong flavored orange bits. It’s a little hard to mimic that strong orange flavor at home with real oranges, but there is orange juice and zest in both the muffin and glaze on these, and the tart, plump cranberries just make these really tasty muffins!
Aren’t they pretty?! I totally had 4 in one sitting. Whoops! Haha. They’re that good! Make these for Christmas breakfast OR brunch OR anytime!
Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- zest of 1 orange (1 Tbsp)
- juice of 1 orange (1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp orange extract (if you have it)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the yogurt, sugar, eggs, orange zest and juice, orange extract, and oil. Whisk until smooth. Mix in the flour mixture. Fold in the cranberries.
- Fill muffin tins with paper cups. Scoop muffin mixture ⅔ full in each cup.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 18 minutes or until the muffin springs back when touched.
- While muffins bake, prepare glaze by combining the powdered sugar, orange juice, and zest.
- Allow muffins to cool just slightly, then dip them immediately upside-down into the glaze, scrape off any excess, and allow glaze to set. Store in an airtight container.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.