Gingerbread S’mores Cookie Pizza
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Gingerbread cookie dough topped with festive chocolate chips, crushed graham crackers and toasted gooey marshmallows baked in a skillet. It’s a combination of your favorite summer and Christmas flavors in one giant cookie.
Hi friends, it’s Kelly back again from Life Made Sweeter and I’m here today to share a fun and festive treat with you all!
Can you believe there are only two more weekends left until Christmas? I’m sure many of you have been busy in the kitchen baking up a storm of cookies and treats to hand out to your friends and family as gifts. Do you have a dessert for all those other guests that drop by and stay for some hot cocoa?
This Gingerbread S’mores Cookie Pizza is perfect for entertaining and combines all your favorite flavors of summer and Christmas. Why waste time rolling out cookie dough when you can make one giant cookie? It’s so much more fun and easier to make!
We’ll start out with a soft and chewy gingerbread cookie dough that we press onto a cast iron skillet or a round baking pan. Layer with some crushed graham crackers and chocolate chips (I used the Nestlé holiday variety for a more festive look) and bake it away in the oven.
Then once the cookie is golden, top with your favorite marshmallows and turn on the broiler until the marshmallows are nice and toasty! Be careful to keep your eyes on the marshmallows closely, they can go from golden to burnt in a matter of seconds!
Grab a slice and it’s like your favorite campfire treat with a Christmas-y flare!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used the Nestlé holiday variety)
- 1/2 cup of graham crackers, crushed
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of marshmallows (I used 10 jumbo sized ones and the rest I used mini ones. Use whichever kind you prefer or have on hand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch cast-iron skillet or 9-inch round baking pan with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or handheld mixer, cream butter and brown sugar together on medium until light and fluffy; about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the molasses, then the eggs one by one, then the vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Turn mixer to low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients into the mixer until just combined.
- Press the cookie dough into the prepared skillet. Sprinkle chocolate chips over evenly. Sprinkle half of the crushed graham crackers on top.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, until the top just begins to lightly brown. Remove from oven and top cookie with marshmallows and the rest of the graham crackers.
- Turn the oven to broil. Return cookie pan back into the oven for another 1 to 2 minutes or until the marshmallows get lightly toasted and brown. Be sure to watch the marshmallows carefully so they do not burn too much as they can go from brown to burnt in a matter of seconds.
- Remove from oven and let the cookie cool completely before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
You may also enjoy these other gingerbread recipes from Life Made Sweeter: