Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal – old fashioned oats, agave, and apples are just a few of the delicious ingredients used in this lighter baked oatmeal.
I’ve been wanting to try baked oatmeal for a while, and finally got around to it! I don’t know what took me so long! It’s not that hard to make. It actually comes together quite fast!
We made ours for dinner (brinner) and my kids kept saying things like, “Mmm!” and “Yummy, Mommy!” My son even asked for more! Haha.
The crunchy granola on top adds some great contrast to the soft baked oatmeal. The apples and cinnamon were a great combo for our first try! You may also do a can of sliced peaches in their juices instead of the apples and water.
This Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal is lightened up with agave and egg whites. We still put some maple syrup on ours, but it was delicious nonetheless! Enjoy!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 Tbsp agave or honey
- 2 Tbsp splenda brown sugar or regular brown sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 apples diced small (skin on or off)
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup low-fat granola
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Combine the ingredients for the oatmeal. Pour into a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top with granola and brown sugar. Broil for 1 minute. Enjoy hot in slices with a little syrup, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g