I always love finding recipes to use up over-ripe bananas. This one is AMAZING!!! Soft, fluffy, moist cake paired with sweet cream cheese frosting. I am not going to lie, I had like 3 (or 4) pieces, but it was worth it! Make these soon!
Frosted Banana Bars
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup bananas, mashed (about 3 small/medium bananas)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- 5 Tbsp butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- BANANA CAKE: In a stand mixer, cream butter with sugar until light & fluffy. Scrape bowl. Add eggs, sour cream, vanilla, & mashed bananas. Scrape bowl.
- Combine flour, baking soda, & salt & slowly add to mixture. Mix until just blended.
- Spread light fluffy mixture onto a 10x15" jelly-roll pan that has been lightly greased.
- Bake at 350*F for 20-25 minutes or until cake springs back when touched & is starting to brown on the top.
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING: Beat cream cheese with butter until light & fluffy. Add powdered sugar all at once until just mixed.
- Spread over cooled banana bars. Keep the tip of your spatula down, don't lift up or you might pull up cake with it & leave crumbs in your icing. Enjoy!
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Recipe from AllRecipes