This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
This Sausage Stromboli is a delicious hot sandwich that feeds a crowd! Make it for dinner or as an appetizer served with marinara for the big football game!
*This post is brought to you by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Dessert Now Dinner Later possible.
I’m so excited to share today’s recipe! It’s like a hot pocket sandwich, and my whole family loved it for dinner. This sausage stromboli is super simple to make and tastes great dipped in marinara sauce! I can see this being gobbled up while watching football too. It’s such a man’s meal. Meat and cheese all wrapped up in bread with more cheese. Yep! This is comfort food at it’s finest!
Now before you get all nervous about the bread, keep your cool. Rhodes’ bread to the rescue! It seriously comes in handy for dinners at my house. We use Rhodes bread for pizza and garlic bread all the time. Just think ahead, plan your menu, and pull a loaf after lunch-time to be ready to use for dinner.
I love that this sausage stromboli uses an egg to bind the meat and cheese together, so even though you cut slits all the way around it, the filling stays intact. Just a little bit of meat and cheese oozes out to make you excited to eat it. It smells heavenly while it’s cooking in the oven too!
If you are ready to make this for your family or football friends, go for it! Enjoy my friends!
- 1 Loaf Rhodes Bread Dough, 12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, or 8 Rhodes Texas Rolls thawed to room temperature
- 1 pound ground Italian Sausage
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- parmesan cheese (to sprinkle on top)
- marinara sauce for dipping
- Brown sausage and drain. Stir in cheese, 1 of the eggs, beaten, and Italian seasoning. Set aside while preparing dough.
- On a counter sprayed with non-stick cooking spray roll loaf or combined rolls into an 18x16 inch rectangle. Spoon sausage mixture onto dough and spread evenly to within ½ inch of edge. Roll dough up starting on a long side. Pinch to seal seam. Place, seam side down, on sprayed baking sheet to form a circle. Pinch ends together.
- Make cuts with scissors all the way around the outside of the ring. The cuts should be about 1 inch apart and two thirds of the way into the ring (place an oven safe bowl in the center of the ring to help retain the circle in the middle). Whisk the remaining egg and brush it over the ring. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Let rise until double in size.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g