*This post is brought to you by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Dessert Now Dinner Later possible.
I don’t always make football food, but when I do, you can betcha it’s going to be awesome!!! This Football Dip Bowl is made with a frozen whole wheat dough that is shaped into a football with a place to hold your favorite queso dip! Make laces with cut up string cheese and you have a fun, football themed party food!
I know the Super Bowl is coming up, and if you read my blog regularly, you know I don’t watch football, haha. BUT I’m a huge fan of any parties involving food, so I’m here to help you have a stunning football dip bowl display!
This recipe is broken down for you in step-by-step photos on the Rhodes blog today! I just love playing with their frozen dough and this football is just too cute, in a masculine, football party kind of way. 😉 So head on over ASAP to learn how to make this for your next football or Super Bowl party!
Recipe added 5/26/16. For a step-by-step photo tutorial, visit the Rhodes Bake-N-Serv Blog.
Football Dip Bowl
- 1 Loaf Rhodes Bread Dough, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 string cheese
- 1 pound lean ground beef, cooked and drained
- 16 ounces Mexican Velveeta
- 10 ounce can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 4 ounce can diced green chilies
- Cut about 2 inches of dough off the end of loaf. Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray and roll the cut off piece into a 9x12-inch oval. Trim two 1x10-inch strips off the oval and set them aside. Place the oval on sprayed baking sheet and shape into a flat football shape.
- Roll remaining part of loaf into a 12-inch rope. Cut it in half lengthwise. Curve each half into an arch and lay (one on each side) on top of the rolled out oval to form a football shaped bowl. Pinch ends together securely making a point at each end. Lay the one inch strips you set aside over each end of the football to make the stripes. Tuck the ends under the football.
- Brush with beaten egg and let rise 30-45 minutes. Pinch the ends again to make nice points and bake at 350F 30 minutes. Let cool and trim out middle of football to make as much space as desired for your dip. Fill with Queso Dip (recipe below). Make stitching by cutting a string cheese and lay on top of dip. Serve with chips.
- FOR THE QUESO DIP: Cut cheese into cubes and melt in microwave. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined. Heat again and serve, with chips, in Football Dip Bowl.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.